e hënë, 28 maj 2007

Looking for a dog

Dan and I always knew that after we lost Ajay (although we didn't think it would be when he was so young) we would get a dog. We've begun discussing it because I want to make sure we really research the different breeds and know what dog would be right for us before bringing one into the family. We know we're going to wait until late summer or fall before adopting one, we still need time to grieve for Ajay and to do enough research to figure out which breed we want.

I'm not really a big small dog fan, although there are the exceptions to every rule. Some friends of our Linz and Steve have a Silky Terrier that is just the cutest little dog you've ever see! Pip has so much personality! I just know that they really like to be with their family and our dog will have to spend time alone when we're at home, so we have to have a dog that can be by itself for at least 8 hours without getting too unhappy.

We think we've narrowed our breed choices down to an American Eskimo (standard), Collie and a Lab. I know the Lab is a very popular breed, but it is a really great dog and I just can't count it out. The breed I really wanted my husband ruled out right away. No Husky for this family! He's been really picky too. We'll have to see how things progress, hopefully I can talk to some breeders to get a better picture as to which breed we should choose.

1 koment:

Anonim tha...

Well written article.